How to Become a Christian
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” (Rom 3:23)
Everyone is a sinner - there are no exceptions.
- “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Rom 6:23)
Death means separation from God forever.
Eternal life comes by trusting Jesus Christ.
- “But God commenteth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Rom 5:8)
God loved us sinners so much that He gave His Son to die for our sins.
- “If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” (Rom 10:9)
To be born again, you must believe that Jesus died for your sins and declare that you accept Him as Lord of your life.
- “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Rom 10:13)
This is God’s promise to you that if you accept Jesus as Lord, He will accept you!
Call upon the Lord now as you pray this prayer:
Dear God, I confess I have sinned by breaking Your laws, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus is your Son and that He died for my sins. I want to be born again and receive new life in Him. I will follow Jesus as my Lord and obey Him in all that I do. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.